Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Run #36: I Want It That Way

Today's run was notable for one reason: I rediscovered the point where the level of difficulty stops going up and begins to go back down again.

If you're new to running, look forward to this: you just keep going when it gets hard, and soon it stops getting harder, and you keep going through that part too, and if you do, you're rewarded: it actually begins to get easier. It's a crazy, wonderful feeling.  All of a sudden, your breathing returns to something like normal, and your legs are warm and flexible, and it's more about rhythm than effort, and you can just relax.

Today, like many of my pre-5k runs, it was easier to run the second mile than the first.  You could never, EVER have convinced me that this was possible before I had a chance to experience it myself.  I'd lost a bit of my edge after floundering for five weeks after the 5k; it's like I'm starting all over.  But it's coming back, and today was proof.  

Remember this, fellow fledglings: it DOES get easier!  

Musical highlight for today was... well... um... I can't quite bring myself to tell you who it was, but I will tell you that it was all because of this

A lot of people wish they could work in an office like that. I did.  It was awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment